Sunday, April 02, 2006

Wink In The News

Here is a fun story from my not too distant past...

Last Monday while talking with a client I heard a lot of commotion in the hall and people talking about a flood. I looked out the window and sure enough my building was an island.

There was a burst water main at the head of the triangle my building is on and there was a LOT of water surrounding my building.

I decided to go for it and made a "First Decent" of Main St in Boise Idaho and am still the only kayaker in the world to do so. Film at eleven. Well, actually the film was at ten in Idaho, but I made two stations and have well over 100 clients call me or stop me in the street to share a laugh with me.

The building had over ten inches of water in the basement but fortunately was between tenants down there so no major damage was done to anyone's business, but the building will need a complete rebuild in the basement as the water ruined all of the walls as well as the carpets.

After my 80 seconds of fame the broadcaster said, "Well, I learned one thing from that. Always take your kayak to work."

Pretty good advice as far as I am concerned...

Wink

Note: I first told this story on Pricescope on the day that it happened. I just wanted to share it with my blog readers since kayaking is near and dear to my heart

No comments: